Monel Alloy 400 / UNS N04400 / DIN 2.4360
With over 250 customers in India and overseas, Metalica is one of the largest suppliers and stockists of Monel 400 or Alloy 400. The nickel alloys we purchase and export come from factories in India and overseas (USA, Japan, Korea, and Europe), and we are able to offer the best price and quality to you.
We stock all major forms of Alloy 400 grade such as pipe and tube, Monel 400 flanges and fittings, Monel 400 butt-welding pipe fittings, Alloy 400 elbow, Alloy 400 tee, Monel Alloy 400 reducer, Alloy 400 stub end, gaskets, fasteners, valves, etc. Our large volume of Monel 400 suppliers allows us to guarantee you the best prices.
Metallica Metals sells in volume and has a global customer base, allowing us to work on low margins. We have an extensive trader network across India and the Middle East, who regularly buy from us.
In addition to traders, we have a number of EPC contractors, companies, and end users in various industries as our customers for nickel and nickel alloy steel. In addition to marine engineering and chemical and hydrocarbon processing equipment, Monel 400 is also used in valves, pumps, shafts, flanges, fittings, fasteners, and heat exchangers.
Monel 400 (UNS N04400 or DIN W.Nr. 2.4360 / 2.4361) is a solid-solution nickel-copper alloy with excellent resistance to a wide range of media, including seawater, hydrofluoric acid, sulfuric acid, and alkalies. In most fresh and industrial waters, Alloy 400 also resists stress-corrosion cracking and pitting corrosion.
What are the Properties of Monel 400 or Alloy 400?
- Monel 400 is widely used in the marine industry, as well as heat exchangers. However, its low-annealed strength often requires strengthening. Tempering is often required to improve hardness and elasticity.
- Monel 400 can be readily joined by welding processes including shielded metal arc welding(SMAW), gas tungsten arc welding(GTAW), and gas metal arc welding(GMAW). Corresponding fillers or electrodes shall be selected. Generally, Monel 400 products should be annealed at a temperature of 1470°F (full annealing) and pickling is often required to produce bright and clean surfaces on the alloy.
- There are many critical industries that can benefit from Monel products. It can be welded, soldered, and brazed easily due to:
- Like many nickel alloys, it is highly corrosion-resistant to acids and alkalis. Due to its resistance to substances such as seawater and other caustic solutions, this metal is used in acidic and alkaline environments. Monel 400 has a low oxidation resistance as well; however, it has excellent corrosion and stress resistance in salt water, fresh water, brackish water, and hydrochloric environments. Due to its reduced cost and better ability to withstand pressures and temperatures, Monel 400 offers the same corrosion resistance as nickel.
- Very high mechanical strength
- Good ductility
- Relatively low cost
- Due to its softness, Alloy 400 can be hot-formed or cold-formed into almost any shape following the machining process, including sheets, plates, rods, bars, and tubes.
CITIES WE DELIVER
Adoni, Amaravati, Anantapur, Chandragiri, Chittoor, Dowlaiswaram ,Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Machilipatnam, Nagarjunakoṇḍa, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Yemmiganur, Itanagar, Dhuburi, Dibrugarh, Dispur, Guwahati, Jorhat, Nagaon, Sivasagar, Silchar, Tezpur, Tinsukia, Ara, Barauni, Begusarai, Bettiah, Bhagalpur, Bihar, Sharif, Bodh Gaya, Buxar, Chapra, Darbhanga, Dehri, Dinapur Nizamat, Gaya, Hajipur, Jamalpur, Katihar, Madhubani, Motihari, Munger, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnia, Pusa, Saharsa, Samastipur, Sasaram, Sitamarhi, Siwan, Chandigarh, Ambikapur, Bhilai, Bilaspur, Dhamtari, Durg, Jagdalpur, Raipur, Rajnandgaon, Daman, Diu, Silvassa, Delhi, New Delhi, Madgaon, Panaji, Ahmadabad, Amreli, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Dwarka, Gandhinagar, Godhra, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Kandla, Khambhat, Kheda, Mahesana, Morbi, Nadiad, Navsari, Okha, Palanpur, Patan, Porbandar, Rajkot, Surat, Surendranagar, Valsad, Veraval, Ambala, Bhiwani, Chandigarh, Faridabad, Firozpur Jhirka, Gurugram, Hansi, Hisar, Jind, Kaithal, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Pehowa, Rewari, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat, Bilaspur, Chamba, Dalhousie, Dharmshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Nahan, Shimla, Una, Anantnag, Baramula, Doda, Gulmarg, Jammu, Kathua, Punch, Rajouri, Srinagar, Udhampur, Bokaro, Chaibasa, Deoghar, Dhanbad, Dumka, Giridih, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Jharia, Rajmahal, Ranchi, Saraikela, Badami, Ballari, Bengaluru, Belagavi, Bhadravati, Bidar, Chikkamagaluru, Chitradurga, Davangere, Halebid, Hassan, Hubballi-Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Kolar, Madikeri, Mandya, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Raichur, Shivamogga, Shravanabelagola, Shrirangapattana, Tumakuru, Vijayapura, Alappuzha, Vatakara, Idukki, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Mattancheri, Palakkad, Thalassery, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Kargil, Leh, Balaghat, Barwani, Betul, Bharhut, Bhind, Bhojpur, Bhopal, Burhanpur, Chhatarpur, Chhindwara, Damoh, Datia, Dewas, Dhar, Dr. Ambedkar Nagar (Mhow), Guna, Gwalior, Hoshangabad, Indore, Itarsi, Jabalpur, Jhabua, Khajuraho, Khandwa, Khargone, Maheshwar, Mandla, Mandsaur, Morena, Murwara, Narsimhapur, Narsinghgarh, Narwar, Neemuch, Nowgong, Orchha, Panna, Raisen, Rajgarh, Ratlam, Rewa, Sagar, Sarangpur, Satna, Sehore, Seoni, Shahdol, Shajapur, Sheopur, Shivpuri, Ujjain, Vidisha, Ahmadnagar, Akola, Amravati, Aurangabad, Bhandara, Bhusawal, Bid, Buldhana, Chandrapur, Daulatabad, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kalyan, Karli, Kolhapur, Mahabaleshwar, Malegaon, Matheran, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Osmanabad, Pandharpur, Parbhani, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Sevagram, Solapur, Thane, Ulhasnagar,n Vasai-Virar, Wardha, Yavatmal, Imphal, Cherrapunji, Shillong, Aizawl, Lunglei, Kohima, Mon, Phek, Wokha, Zunheboto, Balangir, Baleshwar, Baripada, Bhubaneshwar, Brahmapur, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Kendujhar, Konark, Koraput, Paradip, Phulabani, Puri, Sambalpur, Udayagiri, Karaikal, Mahe, Puducherry, Yanam, Amritsar, Batala, Chandigarh, Faridkot, Firozpur, Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Ludhiana, Nabha, Patiala, Rupnagar, Sangrur, Abu, Ajmer, Alwar, Amer, Barmer, Beawar, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Bundi, Chittaurgarh, Churu, Dhaulpur, Dungarpur, Ganganagar, Hanumangarh, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jalor, Jhalawar, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Kishangarh, Kota, Merta, Nagaur, Nathdwara, Pali, Phalodi, Pushkar, Sawai Madhopur, Shahpura, Sikar, Sirohi, Tonk, Udaipur, Gangtok, Gyalshing, Lachung, Mangan, Arcot, Chengalpattu, Chennai, Chidambaram, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dharmapuri, Dindigul, Erode, Kanchipuram, Kanniyakumari, Kodaikanal, Kumbakonam, Madurai, Mamallapuram, Nagappattinam, Nagercoil, Palayamkottai, Pudukkottai, Rajapalayam, Ramanathapuram, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Thoothukudi, Udhagamandalam, Vellore, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Mahbubnagar, Nizamabad, Sangareddi, Warangal, Agartala, Agra, Aligarh, Amroha, Ayodhya, Azamgarh, Bahraich, Ballia, Banda, Bara Banki, Bareilly, Basti, Bijnor, Bithur, Budaun, Bulandshahr, Deoria, Etah, Etawah, Faizabad, Farrukhabad-cum-Fatehgarh, Fatehpur, Fatehpur Sikri, Ghaziabad, Ghazipur, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Hamirpur, Hardoi, Hathras, Jalaun, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Kannauj, Kanpur, Lakhimpur, Lalitpur, Lucknow, Mainpuri, Mathura, Meerut, Mirzapur-Vindhyachal, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Partapgarh, Pilibhit, Prayagraj, Rae Bareli, Rampur, Saharanpur, Sambhal, Shahjahanpur, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Tehri, Varanasi, Almora, Dehra Dun, Haridwar, Mussoorie, Nainital, Pithoragarh, Alipore, Alipur Duar, Asansol, Baharampur, Bally, Balurghat, Bankura, Baranagar, Barasat, Barrackpore, Basirhat, Bhatpara, Bishnupur, Budge Budge, Burdwan, Chandernagore, Darjeeling, Diamond Harbour, Dum Dum, Durgapur, Halisahar, Haora, Hugli, Ingraj Bazar, Jalpaiguri, Kalimpong, Kamarhati, Kanchrapara, Kharagpur, Cooch Behar, Kolkata, Krishnanagar, Malda, Midnapore, Murshidabad, Nabadwip, Palashi, Panihati, Purulia, Raiganj, Santipur, Shantiniketan, Shrirampur, Siliguri, Siuri, Tamluk, Titagarh
Monel Alloy 400 – Specification
|Equivalents||Alloy 400, UNS N04400, 2.4360|
|Items||Pipe, Tubes, Tubing, Fittings, Flanges, Valves, Fasteners, Sheet, Square Bar, Threaded Bar, Plate, Hexagon Bar, Fasteners and Fixings, Round Bar, Flat Bar, Rebar, Angle, Tube & Pipe, Wire|
|Size||1/4″ – 60″|
|Pipe Type||Seamless, Welded, ERW, Fabricated, Custom Size Pipes|
|Specifications||ASTM, ASME, DIN, GOST, JIS|
|Certification||EN 10204 3.1|
|Fittings Type||Butt Weld, Screwed & Socket Weld, Flanges, Instrumentation|
|Other Fittings||Elbows, Tees, Reducers, Caps, Stub Ends, Flanges (ANSI, Table E, D, and H), Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Threaded Bars|
Chemical Composition of Monel Alloy 400
Mechanical Properties of Monel Alloy 400
|Tensile Strength, min.||Yield Strength, min.||Elongation, min||Hardness|
Physical Properties of Monel Alloy 400
|Density||Melting Range||Curie Temperature||Electrisity Resistivity|
Testing & Inspection of Monel Alloy 400
Testing (Destructive, Non-Destructive)
|Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing||Hydrostatic Test|
|Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis||Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC) Test|
|Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile, Elongation, Reduction of Area||Sulfide Stress Corrosion Cracking (SSC), NACE TM 0177|
|Micro Test||Radiography Test|
|Macro Test||Dye Penetrant Test (DP Test)|
|Hardness Test||Ultra Sonic Test (UT)|
|Pitting Resistance Test||Eddy Current Testing|
|Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test||Impact Test|
|Flaring Test||Bend Test|
- Our internal inspection reports would be provided for all the goods before shipment.
- Buyers or their associates are most welcome to visit us for personal inspect
- We regularly have inspections ongoing at our premises from internationally acclaimed Inspection Agencies such as TUV, BVIS, SGS, Llyods, DNV, etc.
Prices for Monel Alloy 400 Materials
Alloy 400 materials' prices are directly related to the prices of raw materials, including iron ore, metal scrap, chromium, nickel, and other alloying substances. Due to the high amount of nickel and chromium present in heat-resistant stainless steel and nickel alloy plates, their production costs are high. The lowest-priced steel is mild steel, followed by carbon steel, 400 series stainless steel, aluminum, alloy steel, and 300 series stainless steel. Due to their high nickel, chromium, and moly content, special alloys such as titanium, Inconel, Monel, and Hastelloy cost a lot of money.
For special and discounted prices for various types of Monel 400 products, please feel free to contact us through email, phone, or WhatsApp.
We are also regularly publishing our price list for various steel products on our blog.
Documents Provided at the time of Domestic Sales or Export of Monel Alloy 400
Certificate of Origin
Raw Material Test Reports
Heat Treatment Charts
Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)
NABL-approved Laboratory Test Reports
Letter of Guarantee
Material Test Certificates
Certificate of Compliance/Conformity
Delivery Time of Monel Alloy 400 Materials
- If the items are available in stock, we take 2 days from the date of receipt of advance payment to clear the shipment and send it to port.
- And in case the items are not available in stock, the time taken for manufacturing depends on the size, quantity, and grade.
- However, we can claim the fact that we can compete with anyone in India on Delivery time and most of the time our production time is the least.
- We have tied up with strong logistic partners in India which can undertake any type of shipping activities and make sure that there is no delay in shipment.
Marking & Packing of Monel Alloy 400 Materials
- All our products will have complete marking details which are co-related to the test certificates we supply.
- In case of orders for cut pieces of Pipes, Sheets, or Round Bars, the marking is transferred from the product from which it is cut. In such cases, we provide a Letter confirming the marking transfer and a picture of the product from which it is cut.
- All goods are packed in wooden cases or pallets.
What are the Applications of Monel Alloy 400 ?
Monel 400 typically finds application in marine engineering, chemical and hydro-carbon processing, heat exchangers, valves, and pumps. Monel 400 alloy is used in various applications as below:
- Off-Shore Oil Drilling Companies
- Power Generation
- Gas Processing
- Specialty Chemicals
- Pharmaceutical Equipment
- Chemical Equipment
- Sea Water Equipment
- Heat Exchangers
- Pulp and Paper Industry
Send Us Message
Got a question? We'd love to hear from you. Send us a message & we'll respond as soon as possible.
1st Floor, Plot No. 136, Deccan Chambers, JSS Road, Ambewadi, Mumbai 400004